“Anyone who tries to make a distinction between education and entertainment doesn’t know the first thing about either.” – Marshall McLuhan.
When it comes to wine education, just knowing about wine is not enough. It also takes a boundless passion for wine, grape and vine, and for interacting with people from all walks of life.
With 20 years of experience in higher education, Kristel brings both professionalism and a sparkle to each workshop, masterclass, tasting or talk. She loves demystifying wine, adapted to different audiences – from the shy novice to the seasoned professional.
Her specialties are wine aromas, food & wine pairing, cool-climate and sparkling wines, but she is just as happy to guide groups or individuals in their first steps into the wine world. She is fluent in Dutch, English, German and French.
Recent talks, workshops and tastings:
- Herbs & spices as aroma bridges between food & wine.
- Champagne – much more than an aperitif wine!
- Food and wine pairing – the spring/summer/autumn/winter edition.
- Introduction to Champagne and sparkling wines.
- Wines from Austria and Switserland.
- Wine for hippies and hipsters? Organic, biodynamic and natural wines.
- Disgorgement and dosage in champagne.
- Team-building wine tasting: ‘The Rise of the Underdog’ (Belgian wines vs. French wines).
- Pairing white wines with cheese.
- Riesling, queen of grapes.
- Wine – a sociocultural approach.
- Apps and online tools for wine lovers and professionals.
Contact: kristel @ wineandwords.be