“Anyone who tries to make a distinction between education and entertainment doesn’t know the first thing about either.” – Marshall McLuhan.
When it comes to wine education, just knowing about wine is not enough. It also takes a boundless passion for wine, grape and vine, and for interacting with people from all walks of life.
With more than 20 years of experience in higher education, Kristel brings both professionalism and a sparkle to each workshop, masterclass, tasting or talk. She loves demystifying wine and adapting to different audiences – from the shy novice to the seasoned professional.
Her specialties are food & wine pairing, wine aromas, cool-climate and sparkling wines, but she is just as happy to guide groups or individuals in their first steps into the wine world. She is fluent in Dutch, English, German and – to a lesser degree – in French.
Recent talks, workshops and tastings:
- Champagne in all its diversity
- ‘A champagne for every dish’ – the art of champagne and food pairing
- Introduction to champagne and sparkling wines
- Food and wine pairing
- Using herbs & spices as aroma bridges between food & wine
- Organic, biodynamic and natural wines: wine for hippies and hipsters?
- Wine and chocolate
- Wine and cheese pairings
- Champagne and cheeses
- Disgorgement and dosage in champagne
- Seasonal food and wine pairings – spring, summer, autumn and/or winter
- Belgian wines
- Wines from Austria
- Wines from Switzerland
- Wines from Germany
- Wines from Greece
Contact: kristel @ wineandwords.be